Disease RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Disease RPG

Home of the Post-Apocalyptizombic Experience

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disease: Escape from the Quarantine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Disease: Escape from the Quarantine Empty
PostSubject: Disease: Escape from the Quarantine   Disease: Escape from the Quarantine Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Disease RPG
*Yes I used Photoshop filters.

Welcome to the Quarantine, an area fenced off by the U.S. government when a rabies-type human epidemic was released in this former small town. Unfortunately, most residents fell to this disease when it was live. The disease was viral, and victims were found in other locations as well, but they were not as big in number. These victims were relocated to the Quarantine. However, many residents of the small town were immune. Alas, the government blocked off the area considering those that were still healthy to be potential victims, but the rest of the world never heard of this tragedy.

You play the hero as he tries to escape the Quarantine and tell the world. The entire area is fenced off, so he must try to find another way out. He must face several other wanderers while traveling from town to town, trying to find his way out. Climbing the fences is not an option due to the guards that constantly patrol the area.

You start in the small town of Descent, a community in the northwest portion of the Quarantine. The hero is in an open-world environment filled with other towns, government buildings, and plenty of NPCS. The game will play much like Fallout 3 in that it will be in a desert setting and have an ominous presence, but it is NOT a Fallout 3 fan game. The hero travels the land fighting the Diseased, avoiding Disease Disposal Inc. employees, fighting bounty hunters, battling looters, and trying to find his escape route. The game utilizes Vlad's Requiem ABS 12 system quite effectively, and it truly does not stick to a linear you-have-to-go-here-or-else style game. It shall provide tons of game play time.

FACTIONS

THE HERO
In essence, you. You make your own decisions. Good or bad.

THE DISEASED
These are the poor unfortunate souls that fell to the Disease. They roam the Quarantine--some in government facilities, some living in abandoned buildings, some roaming the countryside. They are everywhere, and they will attack you at first sight. They come in all types of varieties. Fast, slow, hard-hitting... They always have a weapon of some type as well. Watch out for them.

DISEASE DISPOSAL INC.
This is a government contracted company that travels throughout the land, picking up any individuals they see and hauling them off to the "CARRIER TESTING FACILITY"--more like prison. They have vehicles too--they will run you down.

STRANDED GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
These are hostages of the Diseased that can be found in many government facilities. They will give you valuable information once you save them.

More factions are to come.

Please help!

I am also looking for tile artists as always. I've made some good scenery already--rusted walls and tin roofs. I customized the dirt auto-tiles to my liking as well. My dream is to veer away from RTP completely.

1-12: Trying to implement a "reputation" system in which all NPCs are killable and have a health meter. I think that will work well.

NEW SCREENSHOTS 1-13 (SOME ARE UPDATES)
Spoiler:

Credit
Will be in game, but I'm currently using Vlad's ABS 12, AlphaWhelp's simple location script, and bulletxt's/Kylock's Thomas Edison VX.
Back to top Go down
https://disease-rpg.forumotion.com

Disease: Escape from the Quarantine
Page 1 of 1